Tuesday 14 April 2015

In other news

Guest Room
The guest room has now got only emptied out boxes, instead of full ones and I cannot wait to start using that room. It is the brightest room in the apartment that gets sun the whole day long. (The bedroom on the other hand gets the rising sun.) 

A friend suggested I break up tasks and put them on post-its to solve for the procrastination due to not finding a big enough chunk of energy or time. I think it is a brilliant idea. For the guest room, my list includes:
1. Empty out the white cupboard;
2. Give away and return things that accidentally came from the old apartment or do not belong here, now;
3. Move one of the sofas down the stairs into the guest room;
4. Get rid of the cupboard;
5. Bring in the right tables for the room - I've got a beautiful round oak table that will be replaced in the living area soon.

Flow
The kitchen/living area is going thru waves of cleanliness and messiness; but I love my dishwasher, washing machine and vacuum cleaner! :) I need to find a routine to empty out the bins and pick up the mail. It is not entirely surprising but I still didn't quite grasp just how very important flow is in living spaces. As a recent example, I had moved the pot plant in such a way that the guests didn't see the bin all the time, but it also obstructed me and then ended up with me not getting rubbish from the kitchen bench often enough. Also, once I moved my pots and pans to the right, logical spot my cooking got better.

I need to organise myself a charging station, at the moment that situation is in a bit of a mess.     

No comments:

Post a Comment