Monday 15 June 2015

Lights

I went to IKEA yesterday and bought a whole lot of things, including some beautiful light-fixtures. I'm trying to make up my mind about how to arrange them around the place, and end up writing the following.


I got three of these (IKEA Krusning pendant lights) ; one large and two small: these were the cheapest and yet, my favourites. I am rather sure that the large one will be the centre light for the bedroom; and I am wondering about the other two.

Option 1: Put them as bed side lights (picture below) on both sides of the bed;
Option 2: Put one of them in the entrance and the other on top of the sink




 
 
The other lights that I got were two of these (IKEA PS 2014):
 
 
Option 1: Put these as bed side lights while the Krusning are at the centre, which would mix it up a bit;
Option 2: Put these in the guest room, where people can have a bit of an option about how much light they want.
 
Then I picked up two Kappa lights
 
 
Option 1: On top of the dining table
Option 2: Hanging from top of the stairs
Option 3: Bed side lights in the bedroom
 
I also picked up a single Klor (tho, I can always pick up another one, if need be) and there are two things that stand out to me about the Klor
firstly, it doesn't have any visual weight (and hence having it next to a large window would make sense, because it wouldn't block any light from there)  
and secondly, I've read on the internet that it has a narrow range of light, and I particularly like that because I don't like any light shining in my eyes (or more like glaring in my eyes)
 

 



So because of both these reasons, I would like to
Option 1:put it on top of the dining table - see the food clearly and each other in a very soft light;
Option 2:put it on top of the stairs, so that only the stairs light up and not all the bed rooms around it!
 
I have from my previous buys got this light already and I am thinking it will stay where I always wanted it to go, in the kitchen.
 
 
The centre light in the living room, I'm hoping will be a simple close to the ceiling light and give a feel of these kinds:


 
 
Though, wouldn't this last one be a dream:
 


1 comment:

  1. I havent any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us.
    Pendant Lights

    ReplyDelete